The Policy in Brief
- We gather your personal information and your online information (IP address).
- We hold this information in the UK where our business is based. We have no other locations around the world where we will hold this information.
- Your information is used to allow us to provide your services and to gather information for marketing purposes.
- We reserve the right to share this information with specific third party services as and when relevant.
- Cookies are used to gather anonymous information about visitors. This is standard practice from most websites and in no way differs from the policies set out by websites in other sectors.
- You can opt out of certain information gathering initiatives at will.
- All webpages use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt information for security purposes.
- You may change your information by notifying us of the necessary changes whenever convenient for you.
- Our services are not designed for young people under the age of 13.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect PII (Personally Identifiable Information) and Non-PII (Non-Personally Identifiable Information).
Personally Identifiable Information includes things like your name, the date you first communicated with us, or whether you agreed to participate in any of the site’s promotions. This information is unique to you and differentiates you from any other users on your computer or mobile device.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information includes things like your IP address and information about your browser. We track things like the amount of time spent on certain pages of our website and the number of pages you visit.
How We Use and Distribute Your Information
We use your information to improve our website and services for the benefit of you. We aim to respond to you as quickly as possible and improve the overall customer experience. We’ve listed the parties we may disclose PII and Non-PII information:
- Third party service providers affiliated with us. These include PayPal and any other provider who might deliver merchandise or provide security for your user information.
- Sponsors maintaining programs on our website which you sign up for.
- Our parent company and any affiliated companies for marketing and operational purposes.
- Partner companies who we have other relationships with, such as marketing relationships.
- Any merchants sponsoring our surveys and reviews.
- Other users who you communicate with through forums and chat rooms on our site or through our other affiliates.
We use Non-PII information to analyse site traffic so we can tailor our marketing and services according to your needs. We also use this information to determine which targeted marketing activities would best benefit our customers. We reserve the right to use this information, or any information gained from other websites, to compile research reports about online shopping activities.
The Security of Your Information
All your information is fully secured using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software. We use firewall protection and strictly control access through our personal administration centre. Customers should be advised that whilst we will always do everything we can to protect data and defend against malicious access, we cannot guarantee the security of your information when you transmit it online. If a third party does manage to steal your information we will inform you as quickly as possible using the last email address you supply to us. Any delay in notification will only occur as a result of any criminal or internal investigation, in which case we can’t release such information for security purposes. Unless confined by the law, we take no responsibility for any lost or stolen information.
Q. What Information Do I Have Access To?
A. You can gain access to any of your PII information supplies to us. You’re free to contact our customer support team if you would like to review or change any of your PII. We do not provide access to Non-PII information when in the context or a research report or traffic level report. You may request the complete removal of your information from our databases. Only when this is physically impossible due to technical restraints beyond our control will we decline. Please note we’re required to maintain some information due to current laws.
Q. What Can I Opt Out From?
A. You can opt out from receiving emails, preference-based advertisements, and the sharing of PII with certain merchants. To opt out, get in touch with us and make your request.
Our Policy on Children
Users under the age of 13 may not submit PII to us. We may still collect Non-PII. Our site is not designed for users under the age of 13. Young people under the age of 18 must have the formal consent of their parent or guardian before they may submit PII.
Changes to this Policy