10 Reasons Why Dating Outside of Your Nationality Is Absolutely Awesome
International dating may be quite a challenge, but it does have many cool perks and it can enrich your life in ways you wouldn't even imagine. Here are just 10 of the reasons why dating a foreigner can be so awesome!
- You learn a new language so easily that you don't even notice it. When you're dating a foreigner, you will not only be exposed to a new language, but also to strong emotions. Your brain is designed to learn from powerful emotions and basically anything associated with them, so the conversations you have with your romantic interest will be a lot more memorable than any language course.
- You'll have a hard time running out of conversation topics. "Wow, the dog food brands here are totally different from those in my country!" "Why do power sockets look so weird here?" Even the smallest details of day-to-day life can spark here vs. there comparisons and fun conversations.
- Their funny accent and broken English are so darn adorable!Whether it's their accent, the way they try to hide it, or how they say "hand ankle" instead of "wrist", their language struggle will melt your heart and make you want to kiss them all over.
- They have that exotic vibe no matter their background and who they are back home. Whether they grew up rich or poor, in a big city or in a small village, and regardless of the social class they belong to, people from abroad have something about them that makes them simply fascinating.
- Your family and friends will automatically love them. Considering #3 and #4 above, there's not much left to add here. You should have no worries presenting your foreign date to mom and dad!
- You truly learn about another culture. It's one thing to spend a two-week vacation in a foreign place and a wholly different one to date someone coming from that country. You get to truly immerse yourself in a new world, a new culture, with a guide that you find absolutely charming!
- You have more to celebrate about. When dating a foreigner, you get to celebrate holidays specific to their culture or country, and you'll have two teams to root for during the World Cup or the Olympics. There are never enough reasons to party!
- You learn how to listen â€“ truly listen! Even if your foreign love speaks English very well, there will still be a slight language barrier, and there are also the unavoidable cultural differences you have to keep in mind. This means you both have to truly listen and do your best to understand each other, to a greater extent than you would with someone from your own country. This may sound like an obstacle, but, if you think about it a bit, it's actually great for any relationship â€“ once you master the art of listening, everything becomes much easier for everybody!
- Family reunions won't be such a bore anymore. Get-togethers with your two families won't feel like a chore, as they usually do, but rather like a thrilling anthropological study!
- You are just as fascinating to them as they are to you. Remember #4? It goes both ways. You may be just a regular person for your fellow natives, but, to your foreign romantic interest, you are incredibly exotic and charming. The way you talk, the way you think, your habits â€“ the smallest details about you are something new and exciting for your foreign love interest (and maybe a little weird too).
You don't choose who you fall in love with, but if a foreigner happens to spark your interest, don't be afraid to go for it! There may be obstacles, there may be difficulties, but the awesome advantages fully compensate for them all.